Friday, September 16, 2011

Today was our first day teaching PHD Engineering students. WOW, what a trip!!!!! Each one of our separate classes has about 35 students in it. Both Jeanne and I taught two classes today and we’ll teach two more Friday. These are really sharp students – 24 to 51 years old in my classes today. Some of them speak pretty good English and others really struggle with the English. They are respectful and eager to learn. Both Jeanne and I were exhausted after teaching for three hours. The real big challenge is communication. I thought of our children a hundred times – those who are teachers. I gained instant respect for the teaching profession. It’s really hard work. We wanted a stimulating experience - we got it.


We passed out a survey today. The last question on the survey is: What is one thing that is very unique about you? Here are some of the responses.
“I’ll go shopping and spend some money when I’m not happy.”
“I become fatter and fatter.”
“I think I am so common.”

This is going to be a great experience. We are determined to make a positive difference in their lives – to open their vision and build their confidence in all that is good and moral.

No comments: