Thursday, April 15, 2010

Marshmallow Diet

If you were able to hear or read Elder Uchtdorf's Priesthood session talk, http://www.lds.org/ it was great. He told of a study where marshmallows were put in front of four year old children. The children were told if they waited to eat the marshmallows until later they would get more marshmallows. Some of the children ate the marshmallows right away, some waited a few minutes and some waited the required time. Researchers followed the children into adulthood and the study showed that the children who could not wait were those who suffered more unhappiness and struggled more with life's vicissitudes. So my thinking is if you want to lose weight you need to wait for the marshmallow. Can I wait until Sunday to have sweets, and then wait a whole other week for another Sunday?

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

I try and save our treats for Monday night. If I know I'm going to have something good once a week, I can usually wait for it. But then again... sometimes I can't!