Friday evening we had dinner with one of my students, his girlfriend and sister. Both girls had the same name so he told us to call the Little John and Big John. Their Chinese name sound like the name John. We went for dumplings. He also ordered what I’m sure are considered a delicacy. It was a jellied bone marrow with stuff in it, tiny fried fish, including heads and tails to be eaten in their entirety, and some tofu noodles with cucumber (very spicy). He was a very gracious host and we enjoyed being able to visit with all three of them.
The teaching continues to be both challenging and rewarding. Lesson preparation takes a lot of time. We hope we are giving them what the Lord needs for them.
I don't know what pictures Dad has sent but these are a couple I particularlly like.


No comments:
Post a Comment