Dad left this morning for the Super with his Priests, all the granchildren and their parents have gone home, grandma is on her own for three days. Hmm... what to do ? The list is long, we'll see what happens.
I decided I haven't blogged for a long time because there are too much going on that I wanted to participate in and too many pictures to look at and organize. I want to show Mel a picture of a new bloom in the yard but that means I would need to download the camera, which means I would have to deal with all those pictures. So I am going to download the camera (and not deal with all those pictures mentally), empty the card and take a picture of Mel's flower and just deal with that. But thats for later not now.
It's been a great month. Having the kids and grandkids here is such a great treat for us. We love having the family come. We traveled to Utah for the Boren family reunion. May I say that I love watching the next generation of women (Lisa on down). They are so kind with themselves and each other. They seem to be comfortable with who they are and the direction their lives are going. They are great women. Of course Camille, Sylvia and Lilian are angels. What a great family to be part of.
Dad built sets with Mel and had a great time. Peter PAn is going to be fabulous. Mel even wrote the script. I was able to go to the Family History Library for a day and half and found some great material. Thanks to my friend Diane Loutzenhiser a talented genealogist who gave some great direction. I was able to have lunch with Stephen, Rosie, Hank, Stacy and Lorili Toone. Salt Lake has some fun and funky things happening and is taking on a more cosmopolitan aire in some areas. I also was able to spend some time with a good friend from New York, Lorinda Belnap. You know someone is a true friend when they will spend a morning trapsing thru a cemetery looking for headstones with you.
The trip was topped off with David's graduation with his PHD. It has been a long haul for him and Sherrie and the kids. We spent some time with them in their new home, and did some pruning and yard work in the cool of the evenings. They will love being where they are at.
Came home to an overgrown garden and lots of yard work but thats what happens when you leave in August. Mel I will post pictures of flowers.
No comments:
Post a Comment