Thursday, September 17, 2009

Free food and other stuff

Dad being the big helper.
I am up to my ears in canning. We had a great harvest of plums and will get a ton of apples. This harvest is for making a plum apple nectar. I can hear the jars pop as they seal in the kitchen as I type. I should get about 50 quarts. It is really yummy.

This is for Mel there are some flowers she doesn't get to see bloom. I love these Japanese lanterns. Grandma Great use to grow them in her yard. I've planted them a couple of times in the past but without success, I just needed Mel's touch.



The phlox are wonderful this year. I should have taken the picture yesterday. It rained this morning and browned the petals.


My first grape harvest. Two and a half quarts of juice, that will be a treat for Christmas or maybe I'll bring it for Thanksgiving.


I am starting to get ready for Dianna's reception here. While we were in Logan Rosie went shopping with me. She has such a good eye for making things nice. We are going to tier the cakes on vases. This is one of them. One of the vaces is 16 in. it will have a 10 in cake on a square glass, the next is a 10 in vase which will have an 8 inch round cake then hopefully I will be able to fine another that will have the six in. cake. The glass will be cut 11, 9 , and 7 inch square .










3 comments:

marian said...

wow Mom! It all looks so tasty. The wedding vase is VERY pretty!

Loughmiller's said...

The fruit looks fabulous. I would love to have a place of my own so I can plant fruit trees.

J and A said...

Love, Love, Love the harvest! Mel's touch with the flowers is amazing too. I really like your wooden baskets for the fruit. Much more attractive than our banged up buckets . . . but hey, they work. :)
Love, Anna