Thursday, August 20, 2009

For the beauty of the earth

Paul Tillberg brought me three boxes of peaches from the food bank. He had a whole truckload that no one wanted. I got fourteen quarts a was able to save some really nice ones for eating. I had to give about a third of a box to the chickens. The pickled beets are yummy, nine pints. Lot's more to mature in the garden. Another ripe tomato. The apple tree in the hay field is loaded, we will have lots of applesauce.

Dad is upgrading the chicken coop. I'll do a virtual tour when its done.

2 comments:

The Atomic Mom said...

i wish I could can things on my own. But I'm scared to do it at high altitued because knowing me, I'd do it wrong and we'd all die of botullism. But those peaches look good...I would have taken them. Our hail storm in July pretty much killed everyone's garden here in town.

marian said...

lovely - but not as lovely as raspberry jam - heaven itself!